My people 2015

My people 2015

Friday, August 28, 2009

Back to School

Brax being not so sure (which started me worrying).
Time to go.
Big 5th grade grin.
So stinkin' cute.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!! I know that sounds cruel, but I was so ready for school to start. We had a fun summer but that last couple of weeks was a bit much for me and the kids. It's a big, big year for us. All three kids are in school this year! Dylan is in 5th grade with Mrs. Call. Braxton started kindergarten with Mrs. Briggs, and Natalie starts preschool on Monday. Yes, that's right, all of you moms out there can be jealous. I get 3 hours a day, two days a week ALL TO MYSELF. I have paid my dues and it's my turn. Anyway, Dylan's first day was pretty normal. The only difference from last year to this year was that he was totally stressed about what he was wearing the first day. He laid all of his shirts out and asked our opinions several times before deciding. Then came Braxton's first day. He was so excited to wear new clothes, new shoes, have a new backpack. I walked them down to the bus (Dylan also told me he was too old to have his mom walk him to the bus stop) and we took a few pictures. The bus pulled up, he said good-bye and got on. Our wonderful bus driver must have noticed me taking pictures and told me to come on the bus and take one of him in the seat. I got back home and downloaded the pictures and noticed that Brax looked kind of sad on the bus. Ok, so I may have shed a tear or two after seeing that picture. But he came home so excited and had such a good day that all of my fears vanished. I'm just happy that both boys are doing good so far and that things are moving right ahead....until Monday when Nati goes. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

The change of having everyone back in school is always nice...once you get the scheduling down. Lucky you to have some "you" time. Next year for me...Jace will start kindergarten and I really don't know what I'll do...I'm sure I'll find plenty!

lovell said...

I was so ready for this yr to start as well. The kids were ready. It's so nice to have some me time:) You probably are getting now since your cute little one is in preschool. How is your mom doing? We should try and do something soon!:)