My people 2015

My people 2015

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How time flies

Dylan turned 11 today. I have an 11 year old.... um, I have an 11 year old. How did this happen?? I have been thinking that thought all day long. And to think that in a year he'll be passing the sacrament. Heaven help me. I am in awe of how well he has turned out, so far. He has been so excited for his birthday, counting the days, making sure we all knew how close it was. I picked him and his 2 best buddies up from school and took them bowling today. They had a blast. Dylan took 1st place the first game and "dead last" the second - out of 3...dead last. (His exact words - I'm still laughing). Right after his friend party we had the grandparents over for dinner. He picked the menu - chicken fried rice, magelby's rolls, salad, and chips and dip. I asked him the other day what kind of cake he wanted me to make. He usually ponders this for months and this year he just wanted a Nascar cake. Kind of random for him - guess it's the age. So I tried to do a Nascar cake for him. He had a ton of fun with friends and family helping him celebrate. He is such a good boy, always helping me with anything, keeping the peace between Nati and Brax. He and I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication on Sunday. It was such a great experience for both of us. He told me as we were driving home that he really felt the Spirit and that he had tears in his eyes for some of it. He's just a good kid and I am so blessed to have him. Happy Birthday Dylan! I don't know what I would do without him.
New Nerf gun - yeah for me!!
Dylan, Tanner and Wyatt - his best friends.
I was having issues lighting the candles on the cake so mom had to step in and help.
so handsome.
Having a great day!!

3 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

11 years just sneaks right up on you...what a sweet boy!

Magic Marker said...

He's such a great kid! I can't believe how fast time flies, I remember when you had him and him being a premie and all. and now look at him! Hope he had a great birthday:)

Shavon said...

Happy Birthday, Dylan! What an amazing person! You are so lucky Nick to have such a nice, thoughtful boy!