My people 2015

My people 2015

Thursday, August 20, 2009

14 years and still loving it!

Father of the bride getting a smooch.
Jason with his parents
I remember being so embarrassed at the time with my baby brother and Jason's baby brother watching - such an intimate moment!!
Our announcement picture - back in the days of wearing all denim.
Our first date - Sweetheart Dance waaaay back in 1991. When big hair, mini mullets, and barely touching in pictures was"in".

It was our 14th wedding anniversary yesterday. Time goes by so quickly but I still remember the giddyness I felt when he asked me out the first time and how nervous he was when he proposed. I am so blessed to have him and now 14 years, 3 kids, and many life changes later, he is still the love of my life. We went out to dinner the day before because I had a big YW activity on the actual day. What a great husband to forgo celebrating the day of. We couldn't decide where to go to eat and ended up going to Brick Oven. Classic for us but I still love the food. Then last night I was so crazy trying to get everything ready for YW that I didn't make dinner so Jason had leftover pizza from our night out and the kids had corndogs. Nice, I know. Thanks for 14 great years my sweetheart. Love you so much!!!

5 comments:

Magic Marker said...

I have that picture of you and Jason from high school in my high school scrap book! HOw funny! You guys are still such a cute couple...congratulations!

Danielle Thompson said...

Happy day for you! You both still look way to young to have been married 14 years..congrats!

Kellie said...

LOVE, LOVE the pictures :) BTW sis you notice that Dustin is taller than Jesse...kinda crazy. I also love that it was such an intimate moment. too funny. COngrats on the happy 14 years!

Katy said...

Hope you had a great day! That is so fun to see those pictures!

brunger bunch said...

Can I just say I LOVE those pics. It is so fun to look at old pictures, especially when you didnt know the person back then. You both looked sooo cute! BTW, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your heading picture...Natalie makes me smile:)))