My people 2015

My people 2015

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Meeting Marcia

Excitement for the week (amid the truck and washer issues) - I got to meet one of my favorite authors. Her name is Marcia Lynn Mcclure. I started reading her books several years ago and introduced them to my good friends Amber and Krissie. They loved them and were ordering them faster than I could. Amber found out that Marcia was coming to Utah for book signings, so we went and met her in Orem on Friday night. We waited for almost 3 hours to meet her and we were about 20 people back from the start. She's a talker. She signed our books and chatted for about 10 minutes with us. We gave her some of our wishes for future books and she even wrote our husbands a little note too. It was so fun. The night ended with dinner at Macaroni Grill. Totally great night that made my not so great week so much better. Thanks to Amber and Krissie for taking me and to Marcia for writing the books I love so much!!

2 comments:

Magic Marker said...

What books does she write? I'm always in the market for a great story:)

brunger bunch said...

How fun...so sorry about the washer AND the truck. I hate it "when it rains it pours" times in life. However, I did notice your countdown button for disneyland and am EXTREMELY jealous! I love that place. I think we may have to get season passes for next year. Hope you have a great time:D