My people 2015

My people 2015

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Big Day for a Big Girl

It's been a big week for Natalie. She started Pre-school on Monday. Not only did she start school, she rode the bus to school. Yes, our Natalie rode the bus. She got approved to go to Hobble Creek Elementary's Pre-school because her speech isn't quite where it should be. I was extremely excited to get her the help she needs in that area. Part of me was scared because 1)she is my baby 2)she is a huge mama's girl & 3) she's way sassy. So we started getting her excited about riding the bus and going to school. Finally on Monday morning I asked if she wanted to go to school and she said "Bus". Green light for school. I got her all dressed and her hair all cute, got her backpack on (she had to have Spongebob), and waited for the bus to come. I seriously almost had a panic attack when it pulled up. She was ecstatic. She went right on and I buckled her in, said "bye", and got off. She was fine. More than fine actually. As I was walking back up the driveway Dylan pats me on the back and says "Well, you did it mom." And I did. Of course I followed the bus to the school to make sure she was ok when they got her off. Wacky parent, I know. It made me feel better. The great thing was when she got home. I walked on the bus and she started screaming and telling me "no". She didn't want to come home. The bus driver and the assistant were so great. She had a fun first week. Life is good.
Big First Day of School grin.
The backpack is bigger than her.
In her favorite seat.
Notice her protective big brother following her onto the bus. So cute.

6 comments:

Katy said...

How exciting! I am sure that was so hard to watch her get on the bus. I would have followed the bus too.

Danielle Thompson said...

What a sweet little girl! Carter needed some help with speech too...he was dropping all his ending sounds and some of the middle sounds. He did "talking time" at Cedar Ridge Elem. for a year and then did speech in Kindergarten... he's all good now! And all that extra letter work has made him one heck of a reader!

Kellie said...

Yea Natie for being such a big girl!!

Magic Marker said...

So cute, and what a hard but special day for her mom! I'm glad that you survived:) and that she did great!

Kath said...

She is so big! So very cute.

brunger bunch said...

They grow up so fast. I am not sure why, but the last one stings much worse than the first 2 did for me. Something about it being my last maybe? I just wish that they would all stop growing for a couple of years so I could cherish them young for a little longer!