My people 2015

My people 2015

Friday, April 10, 2009

Dylans' Letter

Dylan is my tender-hearted boy. He is so sweet and thoughtful especially for a boy. He tells everyone in the family that he loves them everyday. Sometimes I think he needs to be a bit less sentimental, although this is not one of those times. My mom had a treatment last week. This one made her really sick and I was worried. Dylan could tell something was different this time so he wrote Grandma a letter and sent it home with my dad when he stopped by for a minute. I didn't have time to proof read it before and just hoped it would be ok. Later that night Grandma called sobbing and my first reaction was "What's happened". She said she wanted to talk to Dylan and I knew - he'd written one of his sweet letters. He talked to her for a minute, totally blushing the whole time, and then gave me the phone. She read me the letter and I later went over to take a picture of it. It gave mom such a boost when she really needed. How he knew what to write, I'll never know. It was one of those times when I love being a mom and seeing the kind of people I am raising. I might be doing something right.....with him at least.



Dylan is such a great kid and I hope he never changes.

5 comments:

Magic Marker said...

Oh that is so sweet! I'm glad you have a thoughtful son! We need more boys like that in the world:)

Danielle Thompson said...

What a sweet boy! And really, you should take a drive to AF...we could have lunch and you could come see the house!

Shavon said...

I love Dylan! Thanks for your help today!

brunger bunch said...

What a sweet boy, you truly are lucky to have him:)

lovell said...

What a sweet boy you have. You did do something right. your a wonderful friend mother and daughter. I'm sure your mom appreciates all you have done to help her out. How is she feeling?