My people 2015

My people 2015

Monday, May 4, 2009

The first field trip is always the best




Natalie went on her very first field trip today. The anticipation was almost too much for a 3 year old. She started talking about the "bus" last night. Even going to bed it was mentioned several times. I had to remind her that the bus would come after she went to sleep. She did eventually relent and go to sleep. Then it started back up this morning. So she got on the bus, no hesitation involved, and headed to school. I had planned on going with her but needed to leave early so I drove my car and just followed the bus. I tried to get her to ride with me but she was adamant about riding the bus with the other kids. Their first stop for the day was to the petting farm by Westside Elementary. She loved it and was not shy at all. She walked right up to the goats and the exotic cows. The turkeys were just wandering around and she was totally fearless. It's amazing how much they grow up in a short amount of time. She didn't want to hold my hand. She was her own person and wanted to explore all by herself. Then we headed, me by myself in my car, to the Springlake Trout Pond. They each got their own real fishing pole and were able to catch a fish all by themselves. It was a memorable experience for Natalie. She loved holding the pole but when the fish had to be reeled in she backed away. She backed away even more when the fish was pulled out of the water. Her teacher got her to touch it for about a half a second. Lucky for us, we got to bring said fish home with us. YEAH for me! She had to show Jason. It was so fun to watch her seeing things and doing things for the first time. And I'm sure that her dad is thrilled that she caught her first fish at the age of 3.

1 comment:

Danielle Thompson said...

How did the fish smell in your car? :) All of a sudden they just decide to grow up on us..what a cutie!