My people 2015

My people 2015

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breaking Dawn Release Party





Wow! I actually made it. A year is a long time to wait for the ending of this series. I admit that I started to hypervenilate about two weeks before the book came out. Thankfully I had a ton to do over the last two weeks so time went by faster than I would have thought it would. Shavon & I planned a pre-release party. We invited anyone that has read the books and liked them (obviously no one could love them or be more crazy about them than us). Her friend Laura reserved a room at Magelby's in Orem, the Sun Room and reservation under "Edward". Totally appropriate don't you think. Shavon's mother-in-law has connections with a shirt printing place and we ordered shirts, black with silver writing of "I love Edward". Some friends already had the shirts that we ordered last year so it was nice to have variety. Shavon & I went over at 8 a.m. to get the wrist bands. There were already a ton of people there, making our #'s starting at 148. Not to bad compared to last years # of 350. While we waited in line we got talking about the books with those in front & behind us. There were some younger college aged girls behind us that said something about fans being obsessed. They mentioned that they had seen a white suv with a "Twilight" license plate. Shavon & I busted up laughing because its her car. It was so great!! I will be laughing about that for a long time. Anyway, my sister-in-laws Randi & Kate came along with several of Kate's friends. We had a total of about 28 for dinner, some had to leave after dinner but most hung out for the big event. This years party at Borders was so different from last year. They had a band in the parking lot, a bracelet making booth, and face painting. We made bracelets and then headed inside at around 10:30. It was fun just to hang out and talk about good books, bad books, and books that I shouldn't read (a little skanky). Some friends from my neighborhood came who are also in book club with Shavon & I. I had a blast. About 30 minutes to midnight they had us line up, which was interesting. They kicked everyone else out that didn't have a # under 200. They counted down from 10 seconds and then we all screamed. It was so great. We didn't have to wait too long to get up there. We got our books and headed out to see hundreds more waiting in line. The highest # we saw was 833. It paid off to go early in the morning! All in all it was so fun. I just finished reading the book. No, I'm not going to say what I thought about it....for now at least. I'll give everyone a bit more time to read first. I will say that I so called what would happen!!!!

3 comments:

Magic Marker said...

It was a totally fun night! I haven't finished it yet, but I'll call you because I'm dying to know what you thought of it....I'll also e-mail you the picture.

JoElle said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I'm waiting to get the book from a friend, so don't tell me what what happens :) I'm sure you're finished by now! :)

lovell said...

I wish I could have come with you guys. I'm very jealous. Sounds like you guys had lots of fun. I finished the book last week and loved it. Twilight is still my fav though. I loved the book because, it was the 1st one that totally hooked you to read all of them:)