My people 2015

My people 2015

Monday, September 14, 2009

She's a Survivor!!!

Mom, Dad and Natalie.
me with mom.
her and her two best friends from high school- Linda and Kathy. They still get together for dinner once a month. Gotta love good friends.
Grandma Beth reading a poem she wrote for mom.
mom and Beth.

We had a party on the 2nd to celebrate my mom being cancer free. She finished her last radiation treatment that day and we all were so excited. She agreed to let us do it for her but she (much to our dismay...we wanted to invite everyone we know) only wanted her family and a few close friends there. It was a simple cake and ice cream party with PINK everywhere. Danny got 50 pink balloons to put all over the house, I made a pink banner, Beth made pink cookies, and Kellie made pink cake and pink ice cream. That morning, with all of the kids gone to school, I went in to see her at work and couldn't get through the door without crying. Such a long, hard road but she did it. I am so blessed to have her here, healthy, and to her joy - getting hair. Life is full of hard and trying things. I couldn't see any blessings from this back in January, and although I still wonder why at times, I know that we have been blessed as a family and it has brought us closer and made me stronger. I have the best parents ever, 3 wonderful brothers, a fabulous husband and 3 great kids. Life is good!!

No comments: