My people 2015

My people 2015

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Old Town San Diego and Sea World

The grandkids playing on the wagon.
Braxtons inspiration for a new look - the Climax Golden Twins.they boys playing on the Sesame Street things.
Dylan and the penguins.
Natalie having a chat.

Our first official day in California was set aside for Sea World and Old Town San Diego. We spent the first couple of hours walking the old streets and going in some of the old shops. Dylan and Braxton thought it was cool. We went into an old barn that had some wagons, indian items, and Braxton found a set of guns. He was so excited about it. There was a toy shop close by that had sheriff badges to buy so of course we got one for him. It was the best $4 we spent. He wore that badge the entire trip. Then at the hotel in Anaheim he found a LAPD hat. So between the two he was set as an officer. When we stopped in Mesquite on the way back home a couple different guys commented on his gear and he was so embarrassed/excited that someone noticed. My camera wigged out at Sea World and stored some of the pics in a different spot so of course I can't get them to download. They're there, just stuck. Anyway, we saw Shamu, the dolphins, sharks, penguins, sea lions, touched the starfish and played on the Sesame Street area. It was all great UNTIL as we were walking around that last half hour I started to not feel so hot. We were done anyway and headed back to the hotel and by the time we got back I was so sick. I had the chills, started coughing, and the cold came and hit full force. I felt like crap. The next day, the day of the Princess Lunch, I felt a tiny bit better, but not much. What do you do? I tried so hard to make it fun and just make sure that the kids were having a great time. It was a hard 3 days, and sad to say I still have the cold part.

No comments: