My people 2015

My people 2015

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Letting go is hard to do!



This is one of my harder things to talk about. I have this problem - I love my calling in Young Women's.... more accurately, I loved my calling in Young Women's. I loved it so much so that when I was released a week ago I had a major meltdown, have cried on and off all week, and my family is wondering if I will ever recover. It has been part of my identity for so long now that I am feeling a little lost. I knew it was time and have known for a while it was coming, but the reality of it was a lot to handle. I knew it was my last time at camp, my last month with them and with the other wonderful leaders, my last activities with them. I had THE best girls. There wasn't drama or worry with them. They were always so happy and so sweet. My self esteem might drop a bit because they always were telling me how cute I looked or how they loved my hair or clothes. I loved being with them. Yes, it was a very time consuming calling, but I wouldn't have missed the opportunity for anything. I am in awe of how they have grown during the last 3 years, as young ladies and their testimonies. I have had the best 3 years with them and with the other leaders (secretly us leaders had a blast together.....maybe a little too much fun). We had our "Good-bye/Welcome to the new leaders Party" at my house on Tuesday. I held it together as much as possible. I want the very best for the girls and I know that the new leaders will do a fabulous job. And I told them I will always think of them as "my girls"!




Pudding Pictionary.

The back side of the block. I told the girls that just because we were released didn't mean that they could forget to invite us to their big temple days.



Our little Good-bye gift. It might be hard to see but I painted blocks and mod podged a picture of the temple on the front then tied ribbon on top.



with one of my favorite girls.



Charlie's Angels (but with 5 Angels)



It's amazing what we do for these girls.



Me, Taylor, Becca, Kate and Shavon

1 comment:

Danielle Thompson said...

change is always hard... I felt the same way when I was released from primary... feel better :)