My people 2015

My people 2015

Monday, August 1, 2011

Cancer Free Day!!

Whew!! Ready for a 44 oz.
Hard at work.

The 100 year old garage.



Us Lee's like to celebrate Mom's victory over cancer. It was 2 years ago that she had surgery to kick cancer's rear. It's so crazy that it's been 2 years. I still remember every detail like it was yesterday but I honestly can say I'm so glad it's been 2 years. So to celebrate this momentous day she and I decided to spend the afternoon together. I was hoping for a day of shopping, lunch and just being together. She caved - you see, Grandma has been telling everyone she could possibly tell that we were getting her yard looking better and (I stress AND) painting her 100 year old garage. So, instead of girly stuff, we painted the 100 year old garage. We waited until Ned & Betty left for lunch, which usually takes a few hours, and went straight to work. We cranked it out in a couple hours. We ended up laughing, a little sore and a little sun burned. Betty was excited to have it painted and we ended up having a great "Cancer Free Day".