My people 2015

My people 2015

Friday, August 12, 2011

Enchanted Forest

Two big girls that love their girls.
Best group of ladies!

Me, Ann and our MiaMaids.


Our Ward - 27 of the best girls ever!


Getting a Jedi braid done.


Kayla & I


Jessica & I.


Girls making a banner for the cabins.


The cute mailboxes for Secret Sister's.


My bunk. Thanks to my dad it was quite comfy.


Prince Eric was a guest at our cabin.





I love my church calling! I love my girls! Girls Camp is a treat for me. A full week of just being with them - having devotionals, girlie time, making meals, singing camp songs, laughing so hard I cry, being with such great leaders, seeing the girls grow and become the people they are going to be. It is the best. This years theme was "Enchanted Forest". We had a different Disney movie as part of the theme for each day - Snow White, Mulan, Tangled, and Enchanted. Our YCL's (youth camp leaders) did such a great job with remaking the words to the songs and they gave such great devotionals. It was a great week without too much drama. It ended Thursday night when the Bishopric came up to spend the evening with the girls for dinner and testimony meeting. It also ended with me making a complete fool of myself. You'll have you use your imagination - our firepit was up a small hill. We had a musical number which required a cd player which we had to plug into close to the cabin, so I sat at the top of the small hill in my camping chair so I could turn on the player. As with most testimony meetings, it gets a bit emotional. Great thoughts had been shared and the tears were flowing. I stood and shared my thoughts, sat down and... started tipping over and falling down the small hill. But before I went and much to her excitement I grabbed for help & ended up taking Shavon with me. It was unbelievable. One of those moments that you can't believe that it happened, let alone to you. Instead of helping us up, the girls were snapping pictures as fast as they could and laughing so hard. You would think that the men there would be helping us - uh, no. They were astonished and started just laughing. We had to take a 10 minute break to calm down. I'm sure that the girls will never forget it, as will anyone else. I can't help but laugh even now. Yup - girls camp was a huge success!

2 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

nothing better than time with the youth! Glad you had a good time :)

Shavon said...

HEEEHEEHEEHHEEEEEHEEE! It was So much fun! You are the BEST!