My people 2015

My people 2015

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hobble Creek Half

A dream 3 years in the making!


I have been wanting to run the Hobble Creek Half Marathon for 3 years. I don't know why I had to run this particular one but I did. I ran a half back in March and felt like running another one would be a breeze. I should have second guessed myself. In June I might have, kinda pushed a little too hard, a little too fast in training and...... shockingly got injured. My hip wasn't so happy with me. I took time off, started back up slower and to no avail, the hip complained and complained. Then one time a few weeks later the other hip joined in the protest. I took more time off, was diagnosed with Bursitis and bravely got cortisone shots in both hips. I must have some genetic disorder that forces my body to not be normal because the shots didn't do a thing - not one thing. I heated, stretched, iced - everything I was told to do, I did. It didn't work. So come race day, I honestly went into it not knowing if I would make it to 3 miles or not. My body might not be normal but miracles never cease. I was in pain from about mile 5 until about 7, but other than that I was fine. I know I was being watched over and blessed because there is no way I should have been able to do it. I came in at 2 hours 2 minutes which was much better that I expected. Now I'm officially "down" for a month or so, but hey.... I DID IT!!!


I couldn't get enough liquid after finishing.
The end in sight - YEAH!!

Kelly & I pleased as punch to be done.