My people 2015

My people 2015

Friday, October 8, 2010

Peaches, peaches and more peaches

Don't they just look so yummy!!
Lynette, Grandma and Mom.
Jars, jars and more jars.
Part of my love of the Fall season are the smells and the yummy food that accompany those smells. The leaves are changing, the weather is just perfect and Grandma Beth is canning her peaches. She does this every year. The last few years my Aunt Lynette has flown here from Georgia to help her get it all done. This year my mom took a day off to go and visit and do a little canning on the side. It was a fun week. We went to lunch a couple of times but my favorite is the canning. I didn't do much - actually I didn't do anything but....eat the peelings. I LOVE to eat the peach peelings. It's my favorite! They all think I'm a little off but I can't help myself. It reminds me of the good old days when all of us kids would spend the days with Grandma while she canned. Grandpa would take us for a ride in the back of the truck to what was then called Harts to get a drink. We thought we were so lucky. We were! I love the memories I have of Grandma & Grandpa's house and love that my kids are getting to enjoy the same thing.

No comments: