My people 2015

My people 2015

Thursday, September 30, 2010

We're going to the zoo!

Look how big!!
Us posing with the Gorilla.
Braxton & I in the gopher holes. He loved it!
Chillin' in the playground.
I thought it was funny - Someone with almost the same name on the pavers.
If you look hard enough through the dirty glass you can see the tiger.
The one thing Brax was so excited to see - the snakes.
Nati & Brax by the porcupine.
Climbing on the elephant.

Braxton's class, along with the other 1st grade classes went to Hogle Zoo last Friday. Nati & I went along with them. Each parent helper was assigned another child besides their own to keep track of. I hadn't been to the zoo in years, so I was a little excited as well. Sad thing was half of the zoo was shut down because the animals died. So sad! I would have titled this post "Lions, Tigers & Bears" but the only one out of those animals that we saw were the tigers. We walked around the zoo for a bit then met with all of the classes for lunch. After lunch the kids had to get back on the bus and go back to school. My sister-in-law lives close so she brought her kids and came with Nati & I to find the Gorilla once the other kids left. It was fun but I was so sad that most of the animals were gone. The kids didn't notice anything different so I guess it was a success.

3 comments:

brunger bunch said...

I love going to the zoo with my kids. Someday, sooner than I can imagine, they won't want to go anymore!

Magic Marker said...

Cute pictures! You can never go wrong at the zoo:)

Melissa said...

Hey Nickie- I just discovered your blog through your Goodreads link. I've enjoyed reading a few of your posts and love your optimism and ambition. You inspire me!