My people 2015

My people 2015

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Forever Friends



I have a great life. I had the best family to grow up with. I have the best family now. The time between being a grown up and not a little girl was spent with these girls. I hope they are alright with me posting these pictures :) This was our senior year in High School. We had so much fun and I cherish the memories I have of those years. We shared stories of first kisses, first dances, first time driving, first everything. We were together every weekend, in between boys and other extra curricular activities. We were always there for each other - good or bad - we were there. We cried together over bad grades, bad boys, bad teachers, tickets, car accidents. You name it - we uplifted each other day after day. I wouldn't be the person I am today without these friends. We have all moved on in life. Went to school, got married, moved away, started families and careers. We get together when we can, usually a Christmas party for those in town for the holidays. I love these ladies so much!! Last week our friendship was strengthened and we all came together again to uplift each other. One of these wonderful friends lost her daughter. We all cried together over facebook, email, and finally together in person. I won't go into detail out of respect for her but I just need to say that I am in awe of this friend. Her courage, faith and hope left me feeling grateful for all that I have. I know she will be alright. There will most certainly be times of heartache but she is stronger than she thinks. Thank you for your example dear friend. I love that after all these years we are all still friends, still there for each other, no matter what. Love you girls!!

4 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

love you too :)

Shavon said...

Love you, too!

ker said...

Where in the heck is Julie Larsen these
days? Fun times!

Kath said...

Love you, too, Nick. Wish so bad I could be there for the Christmas party. It is such an amazing comfort to know that, even after all these years, we still have each other and will be there when the times are tough. Lucky, all of us. :)