My people 2015

My people 2015

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Feeding the Ducks

About a week ago we were having one of the many "Mom, I'm bored" moments, so.... we went to feed the ducks. Nothing spectacular happened. It was just a fun thing for me to do with the kids. I don't remember ever taking Natalie. Braxton and Dylan were pro's before we got out of the car. Check out who is closer to them.... any ideas how that turned out - with the ducks running away and Brax saying "hey, wait for me." Silly kid.
Natalie and Braxton showing me how it's done.
Dylan showing his maturity and going off on his own. Where did the days go when he wouldn't dare to do that?
He honestly wanted to go swim with them. He makes me laugh.
She had to crouch down and try to talk them into coming closer. It was so cute to watch.
It was fun for the kids and I certainly got a lesson or two in duck feeding.

On a side note: Mom is starting her 3rd week of radiation. She goes everyday before work. She still can't feel her thumb and we are hoping that at least some feeling will come back. Her hair has started growing back, YEAH!!! Eyelashes are making a feeble attempt at coming back along with trying to keep her fingernails on. She is tired from the radiation but doing so great. She has 3 more weeks of this and will meet with the doctor at that point to continue with a game plan. I feel like we are on the downhill side with just a little ways to go. My little brother just buzzed his shorter than moms so that she could say that hers is longer. The things we do to make her smile. She's a trooper!!

1 comment:

Danielle Thompson said...

Glad to hear more good news about your mom. When we lived in sprinville, we took the kids to the duck ponds often...entire loaf of bread every time. Nati's picture is darling!