My people 2015

My people 2015

Monday, May 11, 2009

Let the Games Begin

It's that time of year when the sun comes out, the yards need weeding, the kids are antsy and yes....it's time for baseball. Baseball with the Carter's is intense. They are a baseball-playing family that have passed the love of the game to the next generation. OK so I don't know that they love the game so much yet, but we are hopeful. Dylan has been playing since he was 4 and now Braxton is up to bat with the big boys also. Jason is coaching Dylan's team along with a good friend, Mike. Braxton is lucky enough to be coached by his Uncle Dustin. So he gets to play with two cousins - Carter and Grace. The opening day parade was this last Saturday. I got the sign made and kids ready. It was fun. We got a lot more candy than I ever remember getting in previous years, so bonus for going. Braxton's first game was right after. I know I said it with soccer season, but I have to say it again. I love the first year that they play a sport. The complete lack of knowledge, where to go, do I drop the bat, why am I not out, looking everywhere else but at the ball, stomping on bugs - you name it, it happened. I love t-ball!! Dylan's games start next week, so it's on to the scorchers - beating the heat with the concession stand which is where we eat dinner most nights during the season. What's wrong with a hot dog and a bag of chips 3 nights a week? I see nothing wrong with that. Good times ahead!!!
My little slugger up to bat for the first time! History in the making!!
Dylan riding in the back of Jason's truck. Nice sign made by yours truly.
Braxton's team riding on Uncle Dustin's trailer.

3 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

So fun! Hope it's a good season.... and baseball does signal good weather!

Shavon said...

The sign is great! Are we ready for a CRAZY summer!

Magic Marker said...

Your handwriting on the sign it perfect! I hear ya with the sports...that's how I feel every basketball season:)