My people 2015

My people 2015

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Live wElle 2009

The kids and I with Lynette.
Braxton giving his all.
The 3 of us after it was all done.
We had a great Saturday morning. It was the annual Live wElle 5K & Kids Fun Run. The Hullinger's are our neighbors and friends. They started the race in memory of their little girl, Elle, and it is a fabulous and fun event. I've ran the last two years and was excited to do it again. Dylan decided that he wanted to try to run the 5K also, so I signed him up not knowing how well it would go. We went on a few practice runs to get ready and he did pretty good. Braxton wanted to run also, but he just did the kids run, which was 1/2 mile. My aunt Lynette also flew in early for Danny's wedding to run with us. We all got up early and headed to the neighborhood park to run. It went so well. Dylan did so great. I told him that if I went ahead of him that he just needed to follow the crowd and I would finish and come back for him. Well, Lynette stayed with him. I finished and started back thinking that he would be quite a ways back. He was just around the corner with Lynette. I was so surprised. We got about 50 yards away from the finish and he bolted. He made it in about 34 minutes. Yeah, Dylan. I was so proud of him. His first 5K and he did great. The kids run was after. Braxton ran his little heart out. He was in the 5-8 age bracket, him being the youngest. He did so well. Next year Nati can do it and just maybe Jason will join us. It was a fun and special event. Sad to say that I don't know my exact time because I was so anxious to get back to Dylan that I only glanced at the clock - somewhere at the 30 minute mark. Next year will be better, let's hope. The Hullinger family has been an inspiration to a lot of people and I appreciate the example they are to me.

No comments: