My people 2015

My people 2015

Friday, November 21, 2008

A year of anticipation...

Julie, Shavon & I waiting...
Me & mom waiting...
Me, Julie, & Shavon with Edward
Eating dinner

Well, we made it. Twilight hit the big screen last night at midnight and I was able to go to a midnight showing of it at Provo Towne Center. I still remember last November when they cast Kristen Stewart and I started getting excited even then. Then came Rob Pattinson and the rest of the cast. I have to say that I did like the entire cast even though at first I was skeptical of a few. A neighbor just down the street secured a theater and sold tickets which made it great for those that went because we didn't have to wait in line, the seats were assigned. I went to dinner with my mom, Shavon, Julie, & Michelle to Art City Trolley, which was fabulous. Who doesn't love their salads? We had a great time and got eachother so excited for the event. Then came the ice cream party at Becca's. She is so much fun, always wanting to make these things more fun for everyone. She totally decked out her house for Twilight; from the red & white lights outside along side the motorcycle, to the overwhelming and fantastic life size standee of "Edward". Yes, our Edward was there. We all went crazy getting pictures with him. My camera was having issues so I might just have to borrow him again. She invited lots of friends who all brought an item to mix with ice cream. She also had different "hints" of Twilight around the house, for example a fork, red ribbon, an egg, costume werewolf hands, and tons of other reminders. We left her house and a few got to ride in Shavons suburban with the Twilight license plate-it just kept getting better and better. We got to the theater and found our assigned seats and awaited the big reveal. I won't give my critique of the movie. I really tried to go in with a good attitude so that I wouldn't be let down. In all honesty, I liked it-didn't love it like I thought I would. Maybe I just need to see it again to get another dose of it. It was a fun night filled with good food, good friends, and a good movie.

3 comments:

Magic Marker said...

It was tons of fun and I definately want to see it again! We had great seats and I'm glad that Angie was able to reserve the theatre for us:)

Christy said...

It looks like everyone had a great time.

lovell said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. I can't wait for the next one to come out.