My people 2015

My people 2015

Monday, November 10, 2008

Excuse me, you bought what?!


Everyone knows how much I love my husband, the father of my children, my best friend, our provider. He is so great, so supportive of everything I do including my obsession of Twilight. There has only been one time that I have questioned his frame of mind. It was about 3 weeks ago. His brother has a rental in Las Vegas which was abandoned by their renter at the time and left a wreck, literally. Cam needed to go down to make repairs and get it cleaned up for a new renter. Jason went with him to help with whatever he could. I was fine with him going even though he had been gone a lot before that. They left on Thursday afternoon and planned on coming home on Sunday. Friday night he called to chat & check on the kids. He told me that they had just been to RC Willey to get a couple of things for the house and he tells me "I bought something." First thought - he's at RC Willey and this can't be good. Second thought - expensive. Third thought - it's a good thing he's not close. He said "I bought a couch. It's a leather one that has a lay-z-boy on each side. It's so great. Oh, it was only $100." The money part wasn't near as shocking as I anticipated, I actually didn't hold my breath for too long before he told me how much it was. It was on clearance and has one minor flaw - one of the sides doesn't come out. I had a heart attack thinking he bought a major piece of furniture that I wasn't there to help pick out. Good thing it doesn't look too bad, although we really didn't need it or have a lot of room for it. After a little time to digest it I am alright with it, it gives me "ammo" for the future. All you wives understand exactly what I'm saying right? It does hide the remote controls and keep drinks nicely out of Nati's reach. Good thing he's cute!! Love you honey!!

3 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

Isn't it funny how their surprises are never anything like what you hoped for? But really...for $100...I would have bought it too! Oh, and if you are a fan of "Friends" you will remember the episode where Ross is trying to move a couch into his apt. and is yelling "Pivot, pivot!" over and over... everytime we move anything that is our go to phrase!

lovell said...

that's how I felt when it was Trent's Birthday. I bought him some cd's and other things and that was not good enough. He went to Cosco and bought himself a big screen. Men I tell ya! It does look nice though. I love it:)

Magic Marker said...

Wow that is a great deal and I think it looks wonderful! 3 more days and counting:) It's my husbands birthday so I won't be seeing you at Art City Trolley but I will see you at midnight:)