My people 2015

My people 2015

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Soccer Season & My Preschool Kids

So cute!
Go Braxton Go!!!

Yeah - it's time for soccer. And even better - we have two kids playing. And even better than that - half of their games are at the same time. Fortunately they play at the same field so we can just swap during quarters or halfs. I have sympathy for parents that have more than two playing at the same time. How do they do it? They both played their first games this last week. Braxtons was the best. He was so excited to get to play. He got out there and was the first to score a goal. We were a little stunned. After that he just kind of played and thought he was done. I love that the fields are smaller, the kids have no idea what they are doing and the games aren't quite as long. His game was hilarious with half the goals being made on the other teams side. Dylan did so much better than he has ever done. He was way more aggressive and made a huge effort to stay with the ball. It makes for a fun month.


Emma, Ella, Taylor
Bridger, Kimball & Braxton




I started teaching this last Wednesday. I have six kids in my class, which is perfect for me for my first year. My first day was better than I expected. I was nervous that one or two would want moms to stay with them but they did really good. Nati was hard that day and Braxton antagonized Bridger but other than that it went well. Friday was great. All of the kids got along really well. Nati even did great, which was a huge blessing. They love music time when they get to pick an instrument and take turns marching around the house. We did a glitter project Friday and wow - was that a mess. My plan is to do a letter and color each week. Along with that they get to make a felt puppet each week to go along with the letter. Our first unit is "All About Me". Shavon has some great books that the kids loved, especially Little Rabbit Foo Foo. Thanks for all the advice Shawnie! I hope that as time goes on that I will relax more and not be so nervous teaching 4 year olds.

6 comments:

Kath said...

I didn't know you were teaching preschool! How cool is that? Let me know how it goes...you will do great and are much braver than I am! :).

Magic Marker said...

Looks like your preschool will be great! I know all about the soccer schedules only my kids are on different fields, but it's still fun for them to play:)

lovell said...

You will love working from home. Every year you will find things that work and things that don't. IT has taken me a while to fiqure it all out. I think your awesome for doing it.

JoElle said...

I admire you for taking on teaching preschool. Now being a mom, I have found that I am not a patienct person and I could never be a teacher of small children. Good luck.

Danielle Thompson said...

Good for you for doing the whole preschool thing--I did one year of a neighborhood joyschool and it almost did me in. I pretty sure there is an unwritten law that says your kids' soccer schedules must always conflict. Good thing they have so much fun playing!

Shavon said...

YOU ARE SO GREAT! LOVE THE PIC OF BRAXTON AND YOUR PRESCHOOLERS!