My people 2015

My people 2015

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My attempt at gardening, Twilight chocolate, & Nati's haircut

I have never gardened before. Planted flowers yes, but actually having some type of a garden - NO! I envy people that know how to do that. I told my friend Michelle that I wanted to try to grow one thing. She suggested to try raspberries and had a garden full of them. So I dug out a little area to start with and she came and planted them for me. Unfortunately half of the plants died, but a few made it and this is the one that had a few raspberries on it. Yes, I am proud. My Grandma Lee grew them and I love that I am attempting to continue with it. If this goes well, who knows? Maybe I'll try something else next year.

It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and I got another great surprise from my brother. Yes, it is a Twilight candybar. He saw it in Borders and snagged it. With all of the stress he had been under the last couple of months, he still remembered me and I think he is fabulous. He & his wife Andrea will be getting great news tomorrow (I'll let you all know). 57 days and counting till the movie!!




I'm not quite sure how it happens, maybe it's just my daughter. It should be a law with nature or something, which is definitely being broken by Natalie. She doesn't have much hair - my one and only girl is lacking in that department. I have looked forward to getting to do my daughters hair since we found out it was a girl. Looks like I will have to keep dreaming. Anyway, her hair is thin and doesn't grow the fastest ever either. So I decided that to help it to look thicker I needed to cut the ends a bit. Long story short - she moved and it got hacked. It is cute but needs to grow a bit. Maybe by the time she's 5 it will be to her shoulders. She didn't move after the initial "move (that came along with my scream)" and it actually looks cute on her.

3 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

If you need garderning tips--I could give you a few--my dad is a master. The twilight chocolate is awesome! Haircuts--well. . . thankfully hair grows back. Carter has taken a couple of bad turns when I've been cutting his hair, and it's been super short for a few weeks. . .that's what I get for trying to save a buck.

Magic Marker said...

I love the candy bar!!! I think that cutting hair really does help it to get thicker, and great job on your first garden

JoElle said...

I can hardly get my girls to stay still long enough to put their hair in a clip nowadays. I don't know how they'd ever stay still for a haircut.