My people 2015

My people 2015

Sunday, July 6, 2008

A day at Lagoon

We went to Lagoon on July 5th with Jasons family. I have two words that describe that day - freakin' hot!!! Seriously it was 92 in the shade. The boys absolutely loved it, Nati wasn't liking it so much. I would take her into the bathrooms every hour to cool off as it was the only airconditioning available. We went on Rattlesnake Rapids, got totally soaked, but it was fun. We even took Nati on the Log Ride. She wasn't sure about the drop but liked getting splashed with water. Braxton saw the Tidal Wave and he went crazy. I think he rode that one three or four times. We did have a good time, but the heat was a bit much. The atmosphere is nothing like Disneyland but the price is comparable. As we were driving away Jason said "Yeah, that isn't the happiest place on earth." We saw some very interesting people - stomachs were seen that shouldn't, major tattoos and interesting body-piercings. I just don't remember it being like that when I was a kid. I was happy just to see the kids having so much fun. Dylan promises that he will do the Colossus next time with me. We'll see!!

3 comments:

Randi said...

You should have came with me and Kate to ride some rides. We came back to get you after we did a couple but you were already gone with Jason and the kids to do some kid rides. Next time... :) When it's not so hot. Did you guys find you sandwiches or were they really stolen?

lovell said...

Lagoon is so much fun. I remember when we all went together our Senior year. It was a blast. Hope to see you on the 17th

Magic Marker said...

Hey Nickie, Lagoon is a great time! 20 more days and counting:)