My people 2015

My people 2015

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Get Smarter....Vote for Carter



Dylan ran for student council this year. He and his good friend Wyatt (with the help of their so kind mothers) made posters to hang in the hall. He debated on his slogan. It was between "If your willin' Vote for Dylan" and "Get Smarter....Vote for Carter". He decided on the second one. He was nervous and really wanted to get in the presidency. This is the first year that they have had a 6th grade student council. The top 8 got in with the top 4 being in the presidency. So, I picked him up the day of the elections. He walked toward me, looking a little down and I thought "No, he's going to be so sad." I asked how it went and he said "I didn't get in the top 4." He paused and then said "but I got in the top 8." He is the classroom representative for his class. They are getting shirts with their names on them and attending a conference in November. They went around to all of the different classes to introduce themselves last week. And Wyatt is the President so we had 2 very excited boys. We're so proud of him. Way to go Dylan!!

2 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

Good for him! It's not easy for kids to put themselves out there to be voted on...so glad he made it!

brunger bunch said...

SO happy for him! He will do a great job. He is a really great expample to others:)