My people 2015

My people 2015

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Deacon

with Grandpa and Grandma Lee and Grandma Larsen
with Grandpa and Grandma Carter
the backyard party
Our happy family
Handsome boy
The picture that brings tears to my eyes.
His birthday cake
The new suit
His sketchbook

I swear it was just yesterday that Dylan was learning to ride a bike, playing his first game of baseball and becoming a big brother. How time flies! Along with turning 12 he was ordained a Deacon. It's one of those bitter sweet life experiences. I am so proud of him for working so hard to be finish his Faith in God book and for being such a good boy. Another part of me is sad that that part is over and he is moving on and becoming the person he is meant to be without my constant help, he's doing it all on his own. We had his grandparents over for cake and ice cream on his actual birthday. He got a new suit, other clothes and a sketch book. That Sunday he had his interview with the Bishop and recited the 13th Article of Faith in sacrament. He did great. He was ordained after church. The Bishop later told me that the interview with Dylan was the best he's ever had with a young man. I think we might be doing something right. We had the entire family over for dinner that night to celebrate.This last Sunday he was able to pass the sacrament. Jason was home with a sick Braxton and had to miss it. Dylan didn't miss a beat. He said he was a little nervous but he didn't show it. Nati wanted him to stop & give her a hug - super cute. We are so proud of him in all he has done and all he wants to do. He is a great example to me and makes all of the hard work of motherhood totally worth it.

3 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

way to go mom!

A Princess World said...

Congrats! That is so cool...although I can't believe he is that old. That makes me feel old!

brunger bunch said...

He is such a great kid! You should be a very proud mama. I read your post about where are you...and...coming soon I promise!