My people 2015

My people 2015

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall Project



I have been itching to brighten up my living room for months now & FINALLY got inspired to do it. Ok, really I have only done one thing, but it's one less thing to do. We have dark wood floors, dark leather furniture and dark accent pieces. I narrowed down the possible things to change - definitely not doing the floor again and the sofa set is newer and doesn't need to be replaced so I went with the accent pieces. This particular one is from my Grandma Lee's house. It was in her basement and I came across it just in passing when the kids were cleaning things out to sell the house when she died. I painted it black right off & it was good for a while. It isn't built the best but I can't bare to part with it and it holds my books, so I love it. But if you've seen my living room you will understand my need to lighten it up. So, I spent 2 days painting it and putting a light stain on it. I think it looks so much better and makes the room lighter. Next up is the coffee table!!

3 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

LOVE IT! Refinishing furniture is my favorite hobby :)

Katy said...

Very cute! Can't wait to see it in person.
The zoo was a blast, we need to do things like that more often.

brunger bunch said...

Good choice! Love the contrast with the white. I love a good "project"!