My people 2015

My people 2015

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween & Battle of the Books

We've had an eventful week. We started off with the H1N1 virus making its first appearance at our house. Dylan was diagnosed with it and missed a week of school. He was a bit stressed, when he felt good enough to be stressed, because it was his first Battle of the Books at school and we didn't know if he would be able to go. He finally got feeling better and we had a last minute study group with his partners - one being Wyatt who was able to come, the other was Kaden who was home with H1N1 so we put him on speaker phone and they studied together. All of their hard work payed off - they took 2nd place!! It was a huge boost for Dylan who is still trying to get energy back. That flu is one nasty bug. Now Jason has it and we can only hope that the rest of us get skipped. I took the kids to see Harry Potter and shopping all day Friday in an attempt to keep my sanity from being quarantined for the week and in preparation for another week of it. It was a nice breather. The sanitizer is being used a ton and I've cleaned as much as I can clean, so time will tell.

Halloween was pretty normal. Kids got dressed up and we visited my parents, then came home and hit a few neighborhood houses with Braxton and Nati while Dylan went with some friends. All of our fun resulted in a major sugar rush today.

Natalie & Braxton at a neighbors house.

Braxton the vampire. I painted his face and then he took over with the "blood".
The nerd, vamp and princess.
My princess - you can't tell but she had makeup on and her hair all curled - so cute!!
Dylan and Wyatt with the 4 books.
Their notes.
Battle of the Books!!

2 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

Sorry to hear about the piggy pox...it's everywhere. At least they were all healthy enough for Halloween...they look so cute!

Magic Marker said...

I love your little princess! WE are kind of starting to get out of the princess phase (what with 3 girls) and it's kind of sad, but it's fun to see other cute little girls! Sorry to hear about H1n1! Brandi and I want to do the Christmas party this year, it's probably going to be at my house and we're going to have Chinese delivered:) Just a heads up....