My people 2015

My people 2015

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Enjoy the Journey

Braxton achieved his goal of bubble blowing, and now we are listening to him do it all day long. It's a cute thing. Go Brax!!




I had one of those moments the other morning that are crucial and good reminders. I was getting cleaned up one morning to head out for another day of craziness (non-craziness days are very few & far between these days) when I looked on the bed to see my two cuties with their silly glasses on. They both giggled and it turned into me grabbing the camera and having fun with them for a bit. I remember about 2 years ago when Brax was in preschool, Dylan was in school and Nati would take naps that I got to breath for about 2 hours on those day. It's amazing how 2 years can totally change. Now I have to fight to get even 15 minutes of breath time each day, I'm not sure which way is up or what I'm doing half the time, so it's times like these when I take a step back and remember that I need to enjoy my kids at every stage and have a little fun with them. They grow up so quickly and before I know it Natalie will be heading out with her friends. It comes back to a favorite quote of mine - "Enjoy the Journey."

4 comments:

Kath said...

I love this post. It is so true - it is easy to forget the joy in the journey when we deal with them day in and day out with very little time for ourselves. Good reminder. So cute!

Danielle Thompson said...

absolutely agree!

brunger bunch said...

Love it Nicki..I love those "gentle" reminders we get to enjoy every minute of the journey!

Magic Marker said...

So true! I love the quote enjoy the journey because the time goes by so fast:)