My people 2015

My people 2015

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our 6 year old

They don't make them cuter than this.
I almost got a smooch in.
His new bike!
The vampire and the witch.
All kinds of scary creatures.
Braxton trying to break the pinata.
Super scary!

It was Braxton's 6th Birthday on Thursday. He has been looking forward to it for a couple of months. For the last 2 weeks he has been counting down the "tomorrows" - everyday he would say "only 4 more tomorrows" and he was always right on the number of days. He was so excited for his birthday. He wanted to have a Halloween party with all of his friends. He picked out his costume, a vampire, and was helping me plan what we were going to do and what decorations we needed to have. We have a very specific boy on our hands. We had to have a pinata, play musical chairs, Bingo, have a graveyard out front, and the cake had to be a ghost castle. I started making the cake and after it tipping over several times and trying so hard not to cry myself I had him decorate it. He was such a good sport about it. It was all frosted and just would not stand up (even put skewers everywhere in it). He drew all kinds of things with the food coloring on it, added some army guys and a flag and he thought it was great. I guess that's all that matters. His friends came over all dressed up and the party went great. Dylan and I were dressed up also - kind of a "pre Halloween show". They played games, ate hotdogs and chips with skull ice cubes in the punch, and opened gifts. Dylan finished the party with some scary stories. Then grandparents came over to celebrate with us. We saved the real cake for them. He got lots of money from everyone. He was so excited to get to go shopping for what he really wanted, which we thought was a new game for xbox or a Nerf gun like Dylans. Jason took him when he got home from work and guess what he bought with his money..... a new bike. Not only a new bike but one with skulls on it - shocking!! He was so excited. He has 2 bikes already but he wanted his own new bike, so... he has a new one. He's my sweet boy that makes me laugh. He hates it when I try to kiss him. He does the darndest things sometimes, the latest being drawing a butt (yup a real butt) on his B page for school. "B is for butt mom." I made him change it into a ball. He likes to play with the big kids. If I'm really careful I can catch him playing in Natalies kitchen with her. He is my angel and we are forever grateful to our angel's deliverer. Happy Birthday Braxton!! We love you so much!

5 comments:

brunger bunch said...

He is seriously such a cute boy! Sounds like a terrific party with lots of fun memories!

Liv said...

No way, that's so awesome!;) I'm way happy we picked out bike stuff for him! (a big thanks to Justin for helping me find "cool boy stuff")Sounds like you guys had a blast! Happy Birthday Brax!

Kath said...

What a fun idea for a party. I always forget that he and Porter are the same age! We need to get them together...our kids almost match up in ages (all three of them!)

Danielle Thompson said...

Way fun party! And I love the "B is for butt"...just hilarious!

lovell said...

Nickie your Braxton is so cute. I love that name. What a fun party to have. You look so good. I love your family picture it's darling.