My people 2015

My people 2015

Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's October & that means.....


It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Yes, I am giving a little plug for BCA. It is obviously close to my heart and I want you all to do your self checks. Cheesy, I know - to hear it from me. But I love my friends and family and I want you all around for a long time so DO IT!!! If you think you're too young, your not. A 10 year old in California got breast cancer. It was detected early and she is fine now. My moms cancer was so aggressive that they didn't see it in her mammogram done 6 months earlier and they said that she wouldn't have made it to the next one. She found it and her finding it ended up saving her life. Please, please check yourselves!! And tell your moms and other friends to also!

4 comments:

brunger bunch said...

Awareness is the key!! And it doesn't sound cheesy. My first lumpectomy was done at the ripe old age of 31, and my doctors said the same thing to me as they did to your mom..a mammogram would not have detected it. Self exams are so, so important. Okay, I'll step off my soap box too!

Kath said...

I here ya! Congrats to you Mom...I love her and was absolutely sick about her when she was dealing with all of that. I am all about awareness. Thanks for the good reminder.

ker said...

I couldn't agree more, Nickie. I almost lost an aunt to Breast Cancer. And thankfully it was caught early enough that she's still with us. I love your message- and I do believe in self exams- so important!

Magic Marker said...

Thanks Nickie! I lost my aunt to breast cancer when I was a teenager so it has played a big roll in my life as well....