My people 2015

My people 2015

Sunday, January 25, 2009

I promise to laugh everyday


This is my sweet mom and I at the premier of Twilight in November. We are the best of friends, chat everyday - sometimes several times a day, and hang out often. She is my hero. We found out last week that she has breast cancer. Talk about throwing us a curve ball. I have been an emotional mess ever since. I went from being shocked to angry to scared to hopeful. She has been amazing. She found out on her lunch hour and went back to work. Not quite sure how she did it but she did. She has been through so much this last year and she continues to amaze me with how she keeps a great attitude. She is scheduled for surgery this Friday. We are all praying for the best and she keeps saying "it's going to be good." She has also made us promise to laugh everyday. She's going along with that old saying - Laughter is the best medicine. I love you mom! We will get through and we will laugh everyday!!!

10 comments:

Christy said...

My prayers are with you and your family. I am sorry Nickie.

brunger bunch said...

I am so sorry. My mom and I were there together too. We do everything together. She is like a mom, sister, and friend all together. That must be so hard. Keep the faith, and our prayers will also include you and your family!!

Ableggi said...

Oh Nickie, I am so sorry! She is in my prayers! Please let me know if I can do anything at all to help! I wish your whole family the best of luck!

Ableggi said...

Oh Nickie, I am so sorry! She is in my prayers! Please let me know if I can do anything at all to help! I wish your whole family the best of luck! And I agree about laughing...I think it is the best medicine!

lovell said...

oh nickie, I'm so sorry. Life brings such hard trials for us. I will keep you in my prayers. I love your sweet mom. I love you and please let me know what I can do for you. I will check on you. I will call you.

Kath said...

Oh Nick! I am so sorry! I love your mom and this is so not fair! I will pray for her tons and tons this week - tell her I am thinking of her and wishing her (and you) all the best. Love ya.

Magic Marker said...

Nickie, I'm so sorry, I know how close you and your mom are. She's a great person and so strong! We'll keep you in our prayers...

Kellie said...

Every time i read this I want to cry(yes I have read it more than once) What a sweet wonderful strong women she is. She is going to make it through and I am sure she will be even stronger when it is over. What a great example she is to us all on how to dealwith the things we have been delt. Gotta love her.

Danielle Thompson said...

So sorry about your mom...my sister had a cancer scare about a year ago...it really throws you for a loop. We'll keep your mom in our prayers.

JoElle said...

Everyone has taken the words right out of my mouth and I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said other than I know what you're going through. I hope she can beat this thing. Our prayers will be with you.