My people 2015

My people 2015

Monday, October 29, 2012

Golf Team 2012

It has been such an exciting year for Dylan. He made the Jr. High Golf Team. Big YEAH!!
He has only been golfing for about 18 months - and seriously golfing for maybe a year. Jason and I are so very proud of him. He has tried all other sports and just didn't find the one that clicked with him until now. He has been either up at Hobble Creek Golf Course or East Bay Golf Course at least 4 days a week since March. He knew he wanted to make the team and has been so very dedicated to it. I am in awe of him because I don't remember being that dedicated to something at that age. Tryouts were very stressful - for us all. I think there were about 50 boys that tried out. They all played and first cuts were made. Only 20 boys were called back. Dylan said he would have been happy to just get called back. He really didn't have high hopes. He got called back for another tryout (on my birthday no less). He golfed better than he ever has and..... the next morning he called home and told us he made it :) I could hear his friends cheering in the background. It was awesome! They had practice every day after school and tournaments every Monday. It's a very time consuming and expensive sport. I don't even want to add up how much we have put into this. It's all been worth it though. He had a great coach that was so supportive and encouraging. The team was great as well and took 1st Place in the district. The season is over but Dylan is getting excited for next year.
 
 Gladston Golf Course
His best score - 48
 Wearing pink socks to practice in honor of his Grandma for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
 First tournament - bit nervous but did great!
The whole team - District Champions!!

No comments: