My people 2015

My people 2015

Monday, February 6, 2012

A mothers love....

I am of the opinion that mothers are angels. They come in all forms - some are short, some are tall, some dark hair, some green eyes. The combinations are endless. I have to write about one particular mother right now. She is truly an angel. She brought one amazing girl into this world. This girl changed my life when she picked me to raise her baby boy. This girl knew that what she was going to do would be one of the hardest things she would ever do. But.... she had her mom with her every step of the way. Her mom raised 3 kids on her own and they are such great kids. Her mom was amazing. We were only around her 3 different times but she had such a gracious presence about her. She had been there - done that and come out shining. She taught her kids right from wrong, how to love, how to love music like she did and what family really means. This wonderful lady passed away last week. She was diagnosed with cancer last year. She fought a good and valiant fight. I love her for what she did while on this earth, the people she raised and the example she was. Like I said, we only were around her 3 times but you could just tell what kind of person she was. Jason and I took Braxton to the funeral. We got to see our angel for a few minutes before the funeral. She was, once again, so strong. I loved getting to give her a hug again. I know she's all grown up now with a new baby but I still think of her as my girl. She is so talented. She has a love of music like her mom. She shared that love of music during the funeral. She played the piano and sang at her moms funeral. I find that astounding - she played the piano and sang and she was incredible. She was my hero again. Braxton heard her play and said "Wow". So, to my girl: I love you and am so amazed by you. Your mom was one of a kind. I hope it's ok that I share this photo of placement. I LOVE THIS PICTURE! It says it all - me being overwhelmed with love and gratitude, Jason being speechless, a young lady doing a very grown up and hard thing, and a mom with her hand on her daughters back giving her support and love.

2 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

What a sweet memory...love how that picture captures the moment perfectly :)

ker said...

So sweet.