My people 2015

My people 2015

Saturday, February 18, 2012

6 months....


It's been 6 months since I was released from Young Womens. The first 2 months were TORTURE - worse than I ever anticipated. It was a huge part of my life and I LOVED IT! The funny thing was, I knew I was having the best experiences while I was having them. We had such great times together. I felt like the girls were learning and growing which made me learn and grow. I also didn't anticipate that - me learning and growing right along with the girls. By, oh... around 3 months, I was starting to deal with it. I knew they were ok and I knew I needed to be with my family more. I think I put it to the back of my mind for a couple of months, which was good. I am now the Bear Den Leader (not exactly my cup of tea) and it's nice to just follow the book and just have to do a one hour activity once a week. But now that it's been 6 months I'm going through withdrawals again. I don't necessarily want to be back in now, I just wish I could do it all over again. Same experiences, same girls, same leaders. I've watched the farewell video multiple times today and just cried. I miss my girls. I know they have moved on and are doing great with the new leaders. I know that the new leaders are doing a fantastic job. I know that I am where I need to be and that it's all good. But man.... I miss my girls!!

No comments: