My people 2015

My people 2015

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cops and robbers


I have been meaning to tell this outrageous story for some time but for whatever reason haven't until now. Dylan and his 2 good friends had quite the night about a month ago. Here's how it all went down. The 3 boys were at one of their houses for a late night. This particular boys' parents left for dinner right after his older brother and his friends left for the night leaving Dylan and the other 2 home alone. They were playing Xbox and happened to look out the window to see several figures sneaking across a field towards the house. They started to panic, locked all the doors and kept watch out the windows. The perps were dressed in dark clothes and were getting too close to the house - right on the walk around porch so the boys turned on all of the lights inside but still heard door nobs being moved. Here is where I get a little hmmm... mystified at their actions. Instead of staying inside and calling the police they sneak out a side door and start running away from the house. They run about 6 blocks to an aunts house to call for help. Keep in mind that they had cell phones on them and could have, at any point, called while running (which I still wonder about) and had police there sooner, not to mention call their parents sooner. So - I go to pick Dylan and one friend up at about 10 pm. I'm in my pj's and really not looking so cute. They come out and tell me I need to come inside and talk to the police. First thought - "What did you do?" I went inside (in my pj's) to talk to the parents and police and get the whole story of what happened. Finally, by 11 we were on our way home and I got more details of what happened. They ran because they were worried that the perps were getting in and would hurt them. Still no phone calls to police or parents??? There have been several break in's in the area lately but they haven't been caught yet. Grrrrr! But my cute Dylan and his best friend told me that while they were running they felt comforted and knew that angels were with them. They didn't tell the police this little bit but I was sure happy to know they were being watched over. At times I think it's so fun having him get older, but sometimes, I worry myself to death because of the world he is growing up in. He is such a good kid and I know would never cause harm or do anything wrong. I'm so very blessed to have such a great boy that remembers what he believes and relies on it often. It was quite the experience that we don't want to do again.

1 comment:

Danielle Thompson said...

what a good kid....but I agree! use the cell phone to make a call on the way!!