My people 2015

My people 2015

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Service with a smile

I love to have my kids do some type of service project for the holidays. I think they learn a lot and come to realize that service is such a good thing for those getting the service and those doing the service. My dear friend, Michelle's mom is battling cancer again. Michelle organized this wonderful service project for the clinic that her mom goes to for chemo treatments. She bought and cut 100 blankets to donate to the clinic. Our little family cut 25 blankets and tied 10 of them. One night when Jason was working I put Tangled in and we just sat and tied for the evening. We had the best time. When I told the kids that it was for cancer patients they took it a little more seriously. Braxton reminded me that I cut all grandma's hair off when she had cancer. Funny kid. I am so grateful that we could be a small part of such a great thing and that my kiddos, at least for a little bit, loved giving service.


Braxtons version of service.
Good times!

Nati getting into it.

Dylan doing a fantastic job!