My people 2015

My people 2015

Friday, October 7, 2011

Hope

It's October and I can't help but be grateful for my mom and for those that have fought against cancer and those that have yet to fight. These are just a few of the reasons that I love my mom.


I love you for always having open arms.

I love you for never faltering.

I love you for being there when you didn't know you were being there.

I love you for supporting every big moment in my life.

I love you for loving my kids.

I love you for making me laugh when all I wanted to do is cry.

I love you for being braver than you thought you could.

I love you for smiling with no hair, eyelashes, and fingernails barely holding on.

I love you for fighting like a girl.

I love you to the moon and back!



Hope is an image of goals,
planted firmly in your mind.
When looking at life before you,
Hope lines the path you find.

Hope is a well of courage
nestled deep within your heart.
When faltering in fear and doubt,
Hope pushes you to start.

Hope is an urge to keep going,
for limbs too tired and weak.
When apathy stills all desire,
Hope sparks the fuel you seek.

Hope is a promise of patience,
as you wait for distress to wane.
When all you can do is nothing,
Hope pulls you through the pain.

Hope is a spirit that lifts you,
Should heaviness pull at your soul.
When torn apart by losses,
Hope mends to keep you whole.

by: Wendy S. Harpham




1 comment:

Shavon said...

I'm SO happy your mom is well! It is such a scary disease. Thank heavens for modern medicine!