My people 2015

My people 2015

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's Great to be 8!!

My little buddy turned 8 on the 15th. He has been looking forward to it for quite a while. I wanted it to be a day filled with all of his favorite things. We started off the day with blue pancakes (he thinks its hysterical to have a colored pancake). He got to open his presents from us - a very specific rubber band gun with very specific rubber bands. School wasn't his idea of a fun birthday but.... had to be done. We went to dinner at his favorite place - Pizza Pie Cafe. I think its funny because he only eats the cheese sticks there??? Grandparents came over to wish him a Happy Birthday and we finished off with the cake. His friends party was on Saturday. I took them bowling, which would have been a huge success except for his competitiveness. He got a little sad when he wasn't winning. The boys had a blast and his birthday was a success. He is such a blessing to us and we LOVE having him in our family. He always hugs me and is always making me laugh. He loves to hang out with Jason. They are always side by side fixing something, or just hanging out. We love you Braxton!! Happy 8th Birthday buddy!


His choice of breakfast - blue pancakes! One happy morning!
Bowling Super Star!

Braxton and his best buddies enjoying some food after a competitive game.


Grandma & Grandpa got him his own scriptures with his name on them. He was VERY specific about the color of book and the color on the pages - blue & silver. He loves reading them and is a huge example to all of us.


He picked Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner. He was even ok when they brought out the birthday treat for him.

Blowing out the candle. The cake and I had issues - those issues being that while taking the cake out of the oven I dropped one of them. Before my tears started flowing Jason calmed me down and reassured me that it would look great as a shooting range. Whew!! I love making their cakes and am devestated if/when they have issues.


He begged to be able to actually shoot the target off the cake after we sang to him. It was very entertaining.

Grandma gave him lots of balloons full of money - he was in heaven!

No comments: