My people 2015

My people 2015

Monday, March 28, 2011

Hands



While putting on my fake nails last week (a must for me because I have this horrid habit of picking at my fingers if I don't have nails on) I took a minute to notice that my hands look like my moms. I don't have a picture of her hands but I know hers look just like mine. Her hands have given more than they have taken, hugged more times than I could possibly count, cheered her family on, raised 4 kids (5 at times, if you count my dad - love you dad), put in thousands of hours of physical labor, wrung themselves out worrying and being patient with us, and held each one of her 10 grandkids. In my contemplation of a mothers hands, I thought it would be a good thing for Natalie to have a picture of our hands, like I wish I had a picture of my moms hands with mine. I've had to rely on my mom a lot over the last few months - worrying about Nati with her speech, getting good advice on pre-teens, and reflecting on the past while having high hopes for the future. I can only hope that my hands can do what hers have done.


And..... happy day for us - Natalie is going to regular kindergarten. I met with her teacher last week and she said (and I quote), "Natalie really surprised me." She did so great on the testing and has come so far. She technically doesn't qualify for the preschool anymore!! When her teacher finished explaining everything to me, I didn't know whether to hit her (for stressing me out so bad) or hug her. Needless to say, I didn't hit her. I made it to my car before I cried. We still need to keep working hard on her speech but we are most definitely on the right track. Yup, a most happy day!!

5 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

Yay for both of you!! and lovin' the hands pic :)

ker said...

I have been reflecting on my hands too. A little 5 yo in my primary class asked me why my hands have so many lines on them? I had to tell him that my hands look like my grandmas (who is gone now.)

K.D. and Megan said...

My hands looks just like my grandma hands and my mom always tells me how much I am like her. I just hope I live alot longer than she did. I am so glad that Natalie gets to go to kindergarten. Kids are such a worry!! I rely on my mom so much I dont know what I would do with our her. Thanks for sharing

lovell said...

so cute. I love how you put your hands together.

brunger bunch said...

Yeah for Natalie!!! I often look at my hands and see my moms too!