My people 2015

My people 2015

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Finally!!


While on our little get away Katy, Melinda and I ran a half marathon - not just any half marathon, my 1st half marathon. I ran my 1st half marathon! All I can say is "It's about time!!" We started talking about it a month before and Melinda suggested the half. I was reluctant at first due to it being March and the fact that I have only been running a few miles a few times a week on the inside track at the high school. Springville High's inside track is known for being dark, creepy, and smelling like the boys locker room among other things. It's yucky but I do what I have to do to keep running through the winter. So with my fingers crossed we ran. The first 8 or so miles it was a lot of uphill. It made the first part a little tough but the last part was downhill and great. I'm so happy they made me run it. I've been wanting to run a half for a couple of years and now I can finally say I did it. Yeah me!!

1 comment:

Danielle Thompson said...

Good for you! That is a huge accomplishment. I think the only time I run is if I am running away from something (spiders, snakes, mice)... all things creepy.