My people 2015

My people 2015

Friday, January 21, 2011

When did it happen?

When did it happen? When did I get so old? A lot has happened over the last week. Braxton, Natalie & Jason have all been sick - colds, coughs, and just plain not feeling well. I'm not sure why I never get sick when the kids do, but I don't. As strange as it sounds I would love to just be sick with a little cold and have life go on without me. I would LOVE to just stay in bed for a day or two without EVER having to get up to do laundry, dishes, make meals, entertain kids or a hundred countless other things. Oh, and have everyone try to be quiet so I can rest. Let's just say that after 4 days of going solo with sick ones, keeping up with everything and attempting to keep said sick ones kind of quiet is making me a little crazy and making me feel really old. But I have a story to preface all of this which started the "old" feeling.
I love my Young Women girls. They are so sweet and such good girls. I ran into one particular girl and her mom the other day at the store. We chatted for a few minutes and went our separate ways. Later that evening I got a text from this girl. It was extremely sweet and just made my whole day. I replied back with "You made my whole day. My cup runneth over." About a minute later she replied back with "What's a cup runner?" I laughed so hard I had tears streaming down my cheeks. If you aren't laughing right now, you are still young. "My cup runneth over" is a phrase I heard several times when I was growing up. I love it. That being said - I have now learned that I am indeed old and I need to keep up with the times by using appropriate phrases and cliches. So here you are at the end of my story and if I have made you feel old, I apologize. If you don't feel old, enjoy it!! So in answer to my question - When did it happen? - I have yet to figure out. I'll let you know when I do. That is if I remember to figure it out :)

No comments: