My people 2015

My people 2015

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A root canal and 5 cavities


Yes, you read the title right. Natalie had some MAJOR dental work done yesterday. It was a bit scary, draining and painful...and that was just for me :) Natalie hasn't been a huge fan of the dentist. She, after tears and bribes at our family dentist, finally let them take x-rays. She needed lots done and there was no way she would do it reasonably. I took her down to the pediatric dentist and he attempted to look in her mouth and came to the conclusion that there was no way she would do it reasonably so she needed to be sedated. We went in early and after screams, hair pulling, kicking and fighting she was forced to drink the good stuff and was out. I am amazed how fast it worked. They wrapped her up like a little mummy and went to work. I
think getting her to take it was torture but watching them drill and work on her while wrapped up and not moving was almost as hard. The dentist caught me wringing my hands and kept commenting on how well she was doing. They worked fast and got it all done in an hour. She started coming around when they were finishing up and I finally got to hold her. She didn't like her mouth being numb and wanted to look in the mirror at her new tooth before she zonked out for 4 hours. It was extremely stressful for me and I am so glad it's over - for now. The dentist called to check on her and I told him of her excitement to show off her new silver tooth at school. They were so great with her and I am so appreciative of them. I took my camera in with me but my nerves were shot and I couldn't take a picture until we got home. It was a rough day for us!

1 comment:

Danielle Thompson said...

poor girl...glad she made it through...and you too.