My people 2015

My people 2015

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My little buddy!



Braxton is my own little ray of sun. He always seems to find a way to send warmth my way, either by being so super sweet and giving me hugs or pushing me to a boiling point. He has done both in the extreme this last week and I have to share. The first was a boiling point last Friday. He asked to go to a friends house just around the corner so I told him he could for an hour. Normally he is really good about calling and letting me know if he is going somewhere else. So... 6 o'clock rolls around and I send Dylan over to get Brax. He comes home alone saying that Brax wasn't there. So I text a couple of friends that he might have gone to and get replies back that he hasn't been seen there. Dylan was supposed to go to a friends house for a late night so I load him up and start driving around the neighborhood looking for Brax. We go to 4 houses with no luck and it's now 6:30'ish. My heart is starting to skip a beat and I can barely hold back tears. We call Jason and he is heading out to look as well. We try yet another house and Dylan comes back to the car with tears streaming down his face. No Braxton there either. The mom comes out to talk to me about it and I lost it. You know that ugly cry where you can't really talk and your shaking really bad- I did that. I know that every mom has done it so I don't feel too stupid about it. She was so sweet and wanted to help look. I decided to try one last option. It was the grandparent's house of a friend of his. We pulled into the driveway and their kitchen lights were on and blinds open. I looked and saw the best sight ever - the back of a head with glasses string hanging down. I started sobbing while Dylan went up to get him. He came running, knowing how upset we were and said he was so sorry. He forgot to check in. He stuck with me for the rest of the night. I didn't yell at him. I think my tears and Dylan's tears said enough. Although Dylan says we should have grounded him for life. He was just as worried as I was. It's hard to be a big brother and try to act like you don't really care but really you do. The second ray he sent my way was coming home from school with another tooth pulled out. Not sure what we are going to do with the little monkey but he is super cute. He was rewarded by the tooth fairy last night and he says he is saving to buy a new house or go to Disneyland. If only the tooth fairy could make it possible!

No comments: