My people 2015

My people 2015

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ditching

The best seats in the theater along with the best treats.
us ditching
my fast collection of bowls
1 of the leaks
the other leak

We've had a rough couple of weeks. First off - I was walking down the hallway and could hear a drip drip drip. I checked the bathrooms thinking that the kids left the faucet on but there wasn't any water dripping but yet I could hear the drip drip drip. I glanced in Natalie's room and there on her carpet was a little pool of water. I grabbed bowls and towels to catch it and made a phone call to Jason. I need to back track a little. In the spring we had the same issue with her roof leaking. Jason and Doug climbed up and tarred the roof where they thought it was leaking. Life was good for a bit but we haven't had time to fix it - thankfully! Jason came home and checked things out and made a run for Sunroc to get new tar stuff. While it was raining (loads of worry for me) he climbed up on the roof and covered the area again. We are crossing our fingers that this works. I'll let you know. Then that weekend through a long course of events (Dylan liking girls a little too much & night games with said girl...) we came to realize that my mountain bike and Dylan's mountain bike were stolen. It was a rough weekend. Dylan and I have had many chats about calming the testosterone down and the bikes being stolen just topped it all off. So, in an attempt to make peace I showed up at his school, took him out of class and he & I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. He thought I was the coolest mom ever. We had a blast - just the two of us. Here's to hoping that this week is a little more calm!

1 comment:

brunger bunch said...

You are the best mom ever. My mom never took me out of school for a movie:) So sorry about the leak....sometimes things can be so frustrating, and the bikes..grrrrrr. I am glad Natalie did so well with the dentist, and I forgot to thank you for the cute treat for ava. She was SO excited about the colored picture!