My people 2015

My people 2015

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Soulvivors

All of the Soulvivors.
Tyler, Becca, me, Taylor & Bryson after the big "fight".
Literally seconds after getting clobbered by a whip cream balloon.
Shavon & I on top of the crater.

Sara & I down in the crater. Some of the kids went swimming inside.
Playing a game of BS.
Taylor & I on the boat.

What a great weekend! We had Youth Conference in Midway this year. A member of our bishopric's family has a cabin right across the street from The Homestead. Our theme was "Soulvivor". We started out with a morningside where my mom (cancer survivor) talked about how she survived. We did an activity to split up into tribes. The kids came up with tribe names, and a chant while driving. We had 3 different challenges each day. We spent Thursday boating on Jordanelle. I had heard about our great bishopric & their tendency to make sure that certain female leaders ended up nice & wet, so I went into the day knowing what was possibly coming. It came, I was tossed in when I was switching boats. I tubed with the girls, which made for a sore body the next day. It was fun but I felt old. Friday the kids got to enjoy all of the fun stuff to do at The Homestead. The whole thing went so well. Friday night ended with a water/silly string/hose/whipped cream fight. Super fun!! We have great kids who teach me more than I could possibly teach them.

No comments: