My people 2015

My people 2015

Monday, June 21, 2010

Wasatch Back 2010

Logan to Park City, 188 Miles, 12 runners, 2 teams, 29 hours......

asked to run, started training, running 2 a days twice a week, nervous, excited, packed for me & family, 3 hours of sleep in Logan, start at 5:30, first run 7 miles in 1 hour, wonderful, feeling good, cheer others on, rest, eat, drink, laugh, run again, massive heat, 3.5 miles in 30 minutes, drink, die, rest, eat, cheer others on, a bit stinky, laugh more, eat, try to sleep, no sleep, run again, 2 a.m., 3.5 miles in 28 minutes, dark, little scary, broken tail light, really stinky, DONE, try to cheer others on, sleep, drink, snack, too tired to do anything, not functioning at all, 7 a.m. crash on hotel floor, 8:30 a.m. best shower ever, go to meet team, and last but most important FINISH the race.

That about sums up my weekend. I've been training for a while now and actually did it. I had to fight back tears as we went across the finish line. Jason was there and the kids finished it with me. My sister-in-law Katy ran it also & she did great. It made for a fun Father's Day weekend with a lot of the family there. It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again. Huge thanks to Jason and the kids for putting up with my running and supporting me and believing in me. And thanks to Angie and the best team ever for making it so much fun.


The Hobble Creek Halfwits. All but 3 of them.
Natalie trying to keep up.
Me, Dylan and Nati riding up to The Canyons.
While mommy was away
the kiddos did play.
Alpine slides
Park City

2 comments:

Katy said...

Way to go! What a blast. Here's to next time :)

Shavon said...

YOU ARE SO AMAZING! Someday I'll grow up and be just like you! Love you to pieces!