My people 2015

My people 2015

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Live life, Live it wElle

Every Memorial Day weekend we all get excited for the annual Live wElle festivities. There's a 5k run early in the morning and then the different kids runs after. Jason and Dylan were gone on a fishing trip so they had to miss out on it. I ran the 5k and came in at my fastest time ever - 25 minutes. It may not sound like that great of a time but I beat my old time by 4 minutes. I have to give credit to my cute little brother. Dustin & Kellie started running a few months ago and came to do it with us. I was just around the corner from the finish line & ready to be done when all of a sudden, here comes Dustin running past saying "Let's go." I picked it up a little and finished.... behind him. I was pretty proud of myself though. With the two oldest boys being gone my cute dad stayed with Brax & Nati while I finished mine and went back to walk with my mom. She did great. Then Braxton ran the 800. He did so good but wanted to quit about 10 yards from the finish line. Natalie ran the little kids run after that. She did so good and ran her little heart out. I walked my parents back to my house and went back to the park for the prizes and the releasing of the balloons. I didn't win a prize but that's ok because I got to be there for the balloons. When the race is done the pink & white balloons are passed out while the song "Over the Rainbow" is played and everyone lets their balloon go. The weather had been threatening to rain the entire time. Right as the music started the sun made it's way through the clouds. It was a wonderful moment and I am so glad I got to be there & cry along with everyone else. I know little Elle was watching and brought the sun to us. It was a great day!! And, as if it could have been any better, Dustin took 2nd place in his age group while Aunt Lynette, mom and I took 3rd place in our age groups.


Natalie's race. She's in the purple jacket with pink pants. Me, Mom, Dad, Nati & Braxton
Braxton getting ready for his race.
It was freezing cold so he was not sure he wanted the Otter Pop.
I can't even remember why we were laughing but it obviously was hilarious.Happy and surprised with our medals.

1 comment:

Kath said...

How fun! You are one skinny girl, Nick! You look darling.