My people 2015

My people 2015

Monday, March 15, 2010

What a week.

The death bike.
Digging the hole for the hoop.Good-bye to Kaye & Richelle.
Shooting some hoops.
The five Carter boys/men.

Have you ever had one of those weeks? You know the ones I'm talking about - where it's craziness from sun up to sundown. I think I'm at the stage in life where most weeks are like that, but last week was a little more crazy than normal. I'm training for the Wasatch Back Relay in June, therefore getting up at 5:30 every morning to run - so my day starts then and doesn't stop until midnight. You could say that I'm burning the candle at both ends, but that's life right now. Anyway, it was Jason's moms birthday on Thursday and my dads birthday on Saturday. We went out to dinner with Jason's family (adults only which was such a great idea) on Tuesday, I had YW Wednesday, Bunco Thursday, my family on Friday. In between all of that Jason, his dad, his brother Jesse, and the boys put a basketball hoop in the front yard. And on Wednesday I found out that Natalie's bus drivers were leaving us for a better job offer. Normally this wouldn't bother me but these ladies are fabulous. If they can get 9 three & four year olds on a big bus and make it so that they cry when it's time to get off, they have my vote. They love the kids and are so patient. It broke my heart. So Thursday was a bit emotional ( I know - crying over bus drivers... not normal). And Thursday we took Braxton in to the eye doctor only to find out that his vision is horrible and he is getting glasses. Yup, I'm a good mom and didn't know until now. He is nervous about it and doesn't want to be made fun of. So I told him that when he gets them this week we will have a "Glasses Party". He has 2 good friends that have glasses also, so that helps a bit. Also, in between all of this Jason was "encouraged" (boys and their toys) to get a dirt bike. YEAH for me!! He was limited on dollar amount & found a guy in Cedar City that was willing to trade part cash & one of Jasons handguns for the bike. So Jason, Jesse and my two boys headed to Cedar City at about noon on Saturday. They got there alright, but the ride home was horrific. There was a huge storm which caused major accidents to almost everyone but them. They, during one of the several scares, slid sideways off the highway into a mountain. Meanwhile I'm back home almost a basket case. I was texting my good friend Kelly to keep me sane. Jason & I checked in with eachother every 15 minutes or so. At about 9:45, good friend that she is, Kelly comes over to sit with me and brings a valium for me. I didn't take it, but it was a sweet thought. Within 10 minutes of that I heard the best noise ever - the garage door open. Kelly made a quick exit. I think more so that she didn't hear me yell than anything. I cried and hugged them all. Jason says that cars in front of them were hit and cars behind them were hit. We are so blessed that they weren't hurt and made it home. The truck can be fixed, so no worries there. We made it through a crazy week and all in all, we're alive and well. And Jason is taking his new bike out today for a test run..... and so it begins!!

1 comment:

Danielle Thompson said...

Thank goodness for the people in our lives who keep us sane...friends, bus drivers, hubbies...all of them!